And so it Begins

Hundreds of colors exist in our spectrum of sight. But perhaps there is more to color than just visual appearance. Perhaps there is emotion or even memories, dreams, and hopes. The optic impressions of a seemingly simple descriptor can be profound. I find my life is filled with all of the above, and as such I wish to express it. The things in and around my life have been my strongest influencers. Friends, family, and loved ones have all inspired me to step into a world where anything is possible. A world all my own to create as I wish without opinion or consequence, the world I know as . . . The Color Brandon.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Thank you Goodwill!

   My first excursion into the world of wood work. My best amiga Lisa was getting married to her man Chris. I knew it was going to be a once in a lifetime event. I wanted her to have something that was not just your average envelope of cash or kitchen appliance from Bed Bath and Beyond (not that those are terrible gifts). I just wanted to get her and Chris something to last through the years and remind them of that ever special day in their lives. 








             When I asked her what she wanted, she said something about furniture. I knew that as much as I wanted to build a decorative armoire or custom rocking chair, that I was probably better off sticking to something smaller. I also thought that instead of constructing something from scratch that perhaps it would be more efficient for me to buy something old that I could alter and redesign if at all possible. Thus, I traveled to the place where old things go to rest after a long life of usage and abuse...Goodwill. There I stumbled upon a small coffee table that was in sorry shape. Scraps, gashes, and a few chips were found throughout. After a few moments of inspection I glanced under the table the find the word “Cherry” burned into the bottom. After seeing it was solid cherrywood I knew that for the price of 15 dollars, I had to have it.
     And so the project was underway. various tools were used along with various methods of madness to finish the job. The  table features two hand carved birds and a couple different colors of stains. In the end, everything seemed to come together. Goodwill table....15 dollars, extra supplies....30 dollars, the perfect gift for the perfect day...priceless. 













1 comment:

  1. You did such a beautiful job and I think this is an awesome gift!

    ReplyDelete