And so it Begins

Hundreds of colors exist in our spectrum of sight. But perhaps there is more to color than just visual appearance. Perhaps there is emotion or even memories, dreams, and hopes. The optic impressions of a seemingly simple descriptor can be profound. I find my life is filled with all of the above, and as such I wish to express it. The things in and around my life have been my strongest influencers. Friends, family, and loved ones have all inspired me to step into a world where anything is possible. A world all my own to create as I wish without opinion or consequence, the world I know as . . . The Color Brandon.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Olympus or bust! (no pun intended)

         Sound the trumpets! Open the gates! Before you lies the goddess of wisdom, Athena. This is no ordinary Athena however. This particular rendition of Athena only came by way of twelve hours of back breaking sitting in my art class. Thank goodness though I was accompanied by my friend Billy Talent to get me through the particularly rough times, such as the day I attempted those curly locks of hers. Special thanks also goes out to the All American Rejects for making multiple visits to sooth my discouragement as I looked around the room at the various other student works and realized that mine was how do you say it... special, in a "you did your best" kind of way. For those who didn't catch that subtlety, basically everyones was better than mine, but hey who's comparing anyway. I know if some of the other art people in the world  were reading this they would laugh at the mere twinkling of an eye's time that I spent on this, but for me it was my longest drawing yet. I learned some good shading techniques and also the benefits of taking your time. So here's to you Athena goddess of wisdom and crazy awesome memories of sitting in the most uncomfortable stool known to man kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment